Service Pricing and Investment Minimums
We're driven to provide you the greatest edge in the markets. Whether you prefer to learn from our analysis and insight, or our one-on-one attention in managing your wealth, we're here for you.
Green Valley Wealth Advisors, LLC is a fee-only investment advisory firm, founded upon the philosophy that we want to be a fiduciary for our clients and provide them with liquid, transparent, diversified wealth management solutions.
To that end, we offer asset-based wealth management, and hourly and set-fee financial planning. Our investment management wrap program is designed to connect our clients with professional in-house money managers and investment vehicles suitable for them.
We work with our client to to identify their investment goals and time frame as well as risk tolerance in order to create an initial portfolio allocation designed to complement our clients' priorities, such as education funding, major purchases, starting a business, retirement planning and wealth transfer. We also advise on those assets that are outside of our control, such as 401(k), 403(b), 457, and 529 plans for comprehensive wealth analysis.
Wealth Management Fee
Our investment minimum is $250,000. Managed accounts are charged in accordance with the following fee schedule. Please understand the pricing includes investment management and financial planning, but you can engage us à la carte for our services, thus lowering the overall fee paid for the services you require.
|Value of Account
|Up to $250,000
|$250,001 to $500,000
|$500,001 to $750,000
|$750,001 to $1,000,000
|$1,000,001 to $2,500,000
|$2,500,001 to $5,000,000
|$5,000,001 to $10,000,000
|$10,000,000 and greater
Fees shall be negotiable in certain cases. They are paid in arrears on a quarterly basis and are automatically deducted from the account. Clients receive a quarterly statement reflecting the deduction of the management fee.
For clients with less than $250,000 to invest, we suggest taking a look at our transparent and competitive stock portfolios available online on the Wealthfront platform. We offer 2 investment solutions, our domestic Eagle Portfolio starting at $5,000 minimum investment and our global Owl Portfolio starting at a $30,000 investment.
We do not charge an hourly rate for financial consultation where asset-based Wealth Management services are provided. We provide you with 529 planning advice, 401(k) advice, along with an array of financial planning and trust services. Please inquire to the extent of the services you require.
While good advice doesn't have to be expensive, bad advice will almost always cost you dearly no matter how little you pay for it.
529 College Savings Plan Advice
Green Valley 529 college savings plan clients receive an initial consultation, either in person or by telephone, during which we help define your college savings goals and determine a course of action that has the best chance to achieve the desired results. For those with an existing plan, we will review your existing college savings strategy and recommend any needed changes. The flat fee for the initial engagement is $250, which includes implementing our recommendations and account paperwork. With the flat fee, as long as we stay within the original scope of our project, you won't be charged any incremental hourly fees. You are also free to call and ask questions on the issues addressed in the engagement for up to a year after the recommendations meeting at no additional cost.
Do you need a greater level of assistance? Would you like to be relieved of the responsibility of managing your own college planning effort and wondering if you are doing everything possible to pay for your child's college education? If so, we can provide a more active role. For investors with considerable 529 balances, or for any investor who wants this crucial asset to be professionally managed, we can help. On-going reviews of your plan's performance and advice on future contributions are billed at $250 per review, which includes all account paperwork.
We also provide complimentary educational seminars to prospective clients and groups. Please inquire if you are interested.
Back to Top
Financial Planning Advice
Financial planning provides our clients with objective assistance in organizing their personal or corporate financial affairs to more readily achieve their goal. It also means a personal, confidential service for individuals, families and their businesses along the lifetime path to security and peace of mind.
Most investors think of financial advisors as investment counselors whose only job is to manage their finances and help them reach their investment goals. We look beyond a client's investments to offer advice and guidance about taxes, retirement, estate planning, education planning, and more. We believe a comprehensive life planning approach can add an enormous amount of value by guiding you through the many complicated financial challenges you'll face throughout your life.
We will work in conjunction with you and your other advisors (tax accountant, estate planning attorney) to make sure that we are on the same page to best serve you. The art of wealth management is a triumvirate of sound investment, tax and legal advice.
We charge hourly rates and/or flat fees for our financial planning services. The fee is set depending upon the complexity and scope of the plan and the client's objectives. Rates for financial planning may range from $175 per hour up to $400 per hour depending upon the value-added professional services provided.
We offers the discipline, strategic planning, and continuous monitoring that will help ensure that your portfolio is positioned for success whether the market is booming or fraught with uncertainty.
Back to Top
A personal trust can facilitate a variety of goals -- making gifts to charity, reducing estate taxes, and controlling wealth transfers to heirs, for example. The challenge is finding a suitable trustee, someone who will accept personal responsibility and legal liability for the welfare of trust beneficiaries. Family members and friends may be overwhelmed by the responsibilities; a bank trust department may offer impersonal and mediocre services.
Fortunately, we can make either choice of trustee a viable option to you:
Assisting Personal Trustees
For personal trustees who have assumed administrative duties, we can help them fulfill those duties through:
- Professional and objective trust investment management
- Continually communicating with beneficiaries, answering questions they may have about the trust, and issuing statements of accounts and reports
- Distribution of trust income or principal to the beneficiaries
- Preparation of year-end tax summary reports (Form 1099) for trust investments
- Keeping records of all trust transactions
Thus, you can appoint a family member or friend to serve as trustee and still be assured that important trust assets will receive the professional care they require.
Working with Corporate Trustees
Many corporate trustees such as bank trust departments insist on full control of both trust administration and management of trust investment assets. For this reason alone, many people opt against professional trust administration.
But it is possible and often more effective to separate trust administration from trust investment management. Under this arrangement, a corporate trustee delegates professional investment management to Green Valley Wealth Advisors while retaining responsibility for trust paperwork, tax preparation, and administration oversight. The net result is a more professional and more personal approach to trust management than most corporate trust departments can provide.
We have partnerships with nationally recognized corporate trustees who have a long history of facilitating this type of arrangement.
Our Wealth Management fee schedule applies to our trust services.
Just as your financial plan gives you control of your investments while you're alive, a carefully conceived estate plan allows you to decide how your assets should be handled if you pass away or become incapacitated.
Back to Top
Q & A on Fees
Who holds my stocks and bonds, or who has custody of my assets ?
- Green Valley Wealth Advisors, LLC does not take custody of client assets. New accounts will be opened at one of the most reputable discount brokerage houses in the country. Our preferred custodian is Fidelity Institutional Wealth Services, a wholly owned business unit of Fidelity Investments. Fidelity offers financial strength, security and technological edge. The accounts are titled in your name only. We will prepare all paperwork necessary to open your accounts. We will keep you informed of the process and will be in contact immediately if any further action is required on your part. All account transfers will be done taking into consideration tax consequences and trading costs. We look to bring over your existing securities wherever feasible, called an "in-kind" transfer. You will receive confirmations of all account activity including any trades and transfers as they occur. Take a video tour of Fidelity's trading capabilities and services.
What does Fee-Only mean ?
- Fee-only means we are compensated solely by our clients, typically achieved through a combination of asset management fees and hourly/fixed-rate planning fees. We do not receive commissions, rebates, awards, referral fees, bonuses or other forms of compensation from others as a result of clients' implementation of our recommendations. The fee-only model of compensation reduces the potential for conflicts of interest between us and our clients as we are not beholden to insurance or mutual fund companies, particular investment products, or other financial companies. A distinction should be made between "fee-based" and "fee-only" advisers/advisors. Fee-based advisers charge both fees and collect commissions (fence sitters, if you will). Fee-only advisors do not collect commissions, and thus do not face a conflict of interest created by commissions or referral fees paid by other product or service providers. For example, suppose that you need to establish a fairly straightforward retirement plan for your business, plus recommendations on a $500,000 portfolio. A ballpark cost for the plan plus the recommendation might be $3,000. In comparison, a commission-based planner might offer to complete the plan for just $300 -- or it might even be free. The catch is that the investment recommendations will very likely include loaded, or commissionalbe, funds on which the load is 5%. Thus, the planner would earn $25,000 in commissions, and that cost would be passed on to you over time in the form of higher fees on the funds recommended.
What is a Wrap Fee ?
- A wrap fee is a schedule of bundled rates that are charged to an investor. Instead of charging a separate fee for each service that is extended to the client, we provide the investor with a blanket charge for all services that are included in our Wealth Management program (bundling together a suite of services such as advisory, brokerage commissions/trading costs, research and management). Essentially, a wrap fee keeps the charge simple for both the investor and the service provider.
What services are covered by the Wrap Fee ?
- The client will not incur transaction charges. The client may pay custodial fees, charges imposed directly by a mutual fund or exchange traded fund which are disclosed in each fund's prospectus (that is, fund management fees and other fund expenses), wire transfer fees, and taxes on securities transactions.
What services are not covered by the Wrap Fee ?
- The wrap program fee does not cover brokerage charges to the extent that trades are conducted through brokers or dealers other than what we, Green Valley, choose for our clients. The wrap fee does not cover custody charges if clients' assets are held somewhere other than Fidelity.
How can I learn more ?
Back to Top
We encourage you to contact us to learn more about our approach, services and fees. Please contact us to request our Wrap Fee Program Brochure. The brochure provides prospective clients with more information about the services and advice that Green Valley Wealth Advisors, LLC offers. Our Wrap Fee Program should be considered before becoming a client.
Disclaimer: All articles are for informational purposes only and do not constitute offers/solicitations to sell or purchase any security or investment product or service; this information is provided solely for your personal use and is not intended to be investment advice; all investments are subject to risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested; diversification does not protect against a loss in a declining market or ensure a profit; stocks of companies in emerging markets are generally more risky than stocks of companies in developed countries; foreign investing involves additional risks including currency fluctuations and political uncertainty; prices of mid- and small-cap stocks often fluctuate more than those of large-company stocks; investments in bonds are subject to interest rate, credit, and inflation risk; past performance is no guarantee of future results; nothing constitutes tax or legal advice; investment products described herein are not bank deposits; are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental entity; are neither obligations of, nor guaranteed by Green Valley Wealth Advisors, LLC. We are not responsible for the accuracy or content on third party websites; any and all links are offered only for use at your own discretion; and our privacy policies do not apply to linked websites.